|
Local Alerts
|
Clubs & Societies
|
Contact Us
|
Site Map

Author Topic: The Parish Plan  (Read 7674 times)

Anonymous

The Parish Plan
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:13:02 PM »
We would both like to see the gate at Sibton Park, (near the top of the slope) in better condition and the another gate put on the other side.  To show visitors that there was a Sibton House Estate.  We must not let our visual history disappear.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Anonymous »

history

• View Profile
    • http://historyresearch.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 06:52:21 PM »
I regret that I haven't done any research on this subject before posting this reply and am relying on memory from various chats with Dicky Bunn and others.

I understand that the gates have been moved and are not in their original position.  Yes I agree they need conserving before they finally disappear.

These gates were apparently to a toll-road that ran through Rhodes-Minnis in the days when the stage-coach went down through Wheelborough Town.

I have recently purchased a CD copy of the 1837 Lyminge Tithe map it shows no gates nor does this road appear to be a coach-road at this time.  Further examination of later maps should clarify the situation.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by history »
Duncan Harrington

Elvera88

• View Profile
Re: The Parish Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:30:28 AM »
Our local community are about to start work on the local government initiative- The Parish Plan.
We wondered if any other group have intergrated a transition initative into the parish plan.
As this parish plan is meant to be a document stating the local community desires and direction for the future, we thought it important to highlight the issues TT address, so the document will work in sympathy with a future TT initiative.
We would be interested to hear from anyone with experience of setting up a parish plan in this way.
Cheers
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

This website is run by the Lyminge Association. We are a 'not for profit' organisation for the benefit of all residents.
Hosted by Red Dragon I.T. Ltd